A balanced eating plan should include fruits and vegetables. They can be added to breakfast, snacks, lunch and dinners. Individuals may choose to eat more fruits and vegetables and less unhealthy fats and sugars.
Fruits and vegetables may be enjoyed by anyone ,including dieters. They have fiber, vitamins and minerals and most provide less calories than other foods.
Individuals can speak with a dietician to help develop a healthy eating plan based on age, gender and current health status. According to the Center for Disease Control, a slightly inactive woman between the ages of 19 to 30 should eat 2 cups of fruits and 2.5 cups of vegetables daily.
Breakfast Dishes with Fruits and Vegetables at Home
An healthy meal plan should begin with a well-balanced breakfast. Some breakfast options with fruit and vegetables can include:
- Prepare an egg omelet with 1/4 cup of dices tomatoes and red peppers.
- Add sliced apples or dried raisins to bowl of plain hot oatmeal.
- Mix fruit in a 4-ounce cup of plain yogurt such as dried cherries or cranberries..
Snacks with Fruits and Vegetables at Home
Some individuals at home snack once daily ,while other individuals snack all day. Some healthy fruits and vegetables for snacking includes:
- Select a supermarket fruit platter for daily snacks.
- Eat from a raw vegetable platter such as carrots.
- Keep home-made fruit bars in the freezer such as strawberries, peaches and kiwi.
Lunch Dishes with Fruits and Vegetables at Home
Lunch may come from leftovers or a quick meal prepared at home. Some good choices for lunch dishes can include:
- Prepare a club sandwich with sliced cucumbers or bell peppers.
- Chop grated zucchini, kale or bell peppers to home-made pasta sauces.
- Enjoy a medium-sized turkey salad with diced apple chunks or dried raisins.
Dinner Dishes with Fruits and Vegetables at Home
Dinner may be consider family time or a quiet time of the day. Individuals may prefer light meals to wind down the busy day. Choices for dinner time fruits and vegetables can include:
- Place sliced citrus fruit on broiled fish for extra flavor.
- Eat vegetarian meals once per week to replace a meat and potato meal.
- Enjoy two vegetables with dinner.
Fruits and vegetables can be enjoyed at home without boredom. For instance, one should purchase a variety of fruits and vegetables ,including strawberries, bananas, raisins, bell peppers, corn and cucumbers.
Experimenting with different fruits and vegetables may lead to better eating habits and a better lifestyle.